Architecture Council +2

>> Tuesday, April 13, 2010

I'm honoured to be recently nominated and appointed to the Eclipse Architecture Council.  Thank you Chris for nominating me, and thanks to the council for their +1s.



(Image © Chris Campbell, http://www.flickr.com/photos/cgc/162480599/, licensed under Creative Commons by-nc-sa 2.0)

There are many changes happening at Eclipse these days, and it will be interesting to work with my colleagues on the council on these important issues. For instance, the eventual deprecation of one of our SCM systems and migration to a new one requires a robust migration plan from a build standpoint. Once e4 1.0 is released, some projects will start building against it, how will this impact the release train?  I'd like to work with the community to strengthen the build infrastructure offered by the Eclipse Foundation.  As I have written before, one my goals is to move the Eclipse and Equinox project's build to the Eclipse Foundation in the interest of making it more open and scaleable. I hope that other projects will also be able to leverage this test infrastructure. There are several competing build technologies offered at Eclipse - which will thrive, which will falter?  Interesting times.

 I also look forward to serving as a mentor to new projects and help them navigate the waters at Eclipse.



(Image © pansapien,  http://www.flickr.com/photos/pansapien/231746775/in/photostream/, licensed under Creative Commons by-nc-sa 2.0) 

I'd also like to extend congratulations to Kenn Hussey who also recently joined the Eclipse Architecture Council.  Small piece of trivia: Kenn and I both graduated from the same university and high school.  Nova Scotians - we deliver :-)

2 comments:

Chris Aniszczyk (zx) 2:51 PM  

Welcome Kim! I and I'm sure the rest of the architecture council look forward to your contributions.

Adrian Cho 4:16 PM  

Congrats Kim.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP